I wasn’t planning on making anything for Valentine’s Day…but I did. I had cute cookie cutters that I forgot I bought, so I had to. I still haven’t found the perfect sugar cookie icing, but this one was good enough. I really love that frosting that you get on those sugar cookies at the grocery store. You know those kind with the thick frosting piled on? Soo good, but soo bad for you.
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 T corn starch
1/3 cup soy milk
1 1/2 cup flour (I had to add a tiny bit more, they were a bit sticky when rolled out)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and the sugar until well combined.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine. Add food coloring if you want these to be a different color.
4. Place bowl in the fridge and let it chill for an hour. I’m impatient so I usually stick it in the freezer.
5. Roll out the dough, and cut into desired shapes.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
For the icing
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tsp soy milk
2 tsp corn syrup
I usually add the soy last, very slowly, because I hate frosting that is too runny. Let the cookies cool, and then dip face down into the frosting. Let the cookies chill in the fridge overnight to let the frosting harden.
These were nice and fluffy, real yummy. I’ve kept them in a bag on the counter and they’ve stayed real nice and fluffy. Hope everyone had a good Valentine’s Day 🙂