Baking has kind of been an experiment for me this past week because I’ve been baking out of a convection oven. It’s the first time I’ve used one to bake, but so far it’s going pretty good. I’ll convert my recipes for regular ovens, since I figure that’s what most people use, but if anyone wants the temperature and time for a convection oven, just let me know. These little bites are like a coffee cake, but a little less sweet. I was going to go for blueberries but I have limited supplies in my new apartment, so raspberries it was. I tried to cut down on some fat by substituting some applesauce, which is something I like to do often.
1/2 cup sugar
1 T oil
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup flour
dash of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup raspberries
3 T sugar
3 T flour
1 T oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Spray a 9″ cake pan or a square brownie pan, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the sugar, oil and applesauce.
3. Combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar, stir, and let sit.
4. Then add in the vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine.
5. Add the soy milk mixture and combine well, then fold in the raspberries.
6. Pour into your pan, and then in separate bowl combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.