Word to the wise, never trust T-Mobile when they say you will get a $100 rebate on your phone. They are a bunch of jerks (that probably don’t pay their taxes) who like to steal money from people. Luckily I have a persistent dad, who doesn’t mind yelling at people. So while he yells, I decide to make brownies. I was really hoping these would turn out edible, because it was just a recipe I made up at the last minute. The four people that tried them had more than one, so I figure I’m safe.
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 oz (half a bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T oil
2 T vegan butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup soy milk
8 oz. Tofutti cream cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt and baking powder then set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate, then stir 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, butter, oil and soy milk. Add this to your dry ingredients. It should be slightly runny, if it’s too stiff just add a bit more soy milk.
4. Beat the cream cheese with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla.
5. Pour the brownie mix into an 8×8 square pan, and then pour the cream cheese mixture on top. Take a knife and swirl the two together with the tip.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little you swirl, it all depends on how you want your brownies to look. I didn’t swirl much, which is why the cream cheese was more concentrated on the top. It browned a little while in the oven, which didn’t affect the taste at all, just the look.
I made these a second time and forgot the butter. So the bottom of the brownie was basically chocolate and caramelized sugar. It was good, but just not chewy like a brownie is supposed to be. Everyone really liked it that way, they said it tasted like those chocolate suckers you get from See’s candy. But please, just don’t forget the butter!